Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Crox or BoTox?

OK, readers (er, RMC has readers, eh?), time to chime in on the World Serious. Crox? BoTox? Don't care? The BoTox were pre-season favorites, they have been the best team all year, they just scored 30 runs (while yielding 5) in the last three games of the ALCS, they are hotter than Alabama asphalt on sunny day. The Crox have The Streak, The Team of Destiny, the Humidor Hoo-doo goin' on, and they SWEPT their opponents in the playoffs. Too bad the Crox are a non-story. I mean, winning 20 of 21 is something special, but you have to be baseball junky to care. No one outside the shadow of the Rocky Mountains gives a shit about that team. The TV folks were sacrificing virgins to get the Mets into the Series, or at least the Phillies, some team with a goddamn market. You'd probably get more folks watching the Dodgers minor-league team from Vero Beach than the Crox. Then there is the elephant in the room, the damn Red Sox and their goddamn Nation. The team is absolutely loaded. They have youth, veterans, fielding, power, speed, starting pitching, bullpen, everything. This Series is theirs to lose. I'll be surprised if they don't crush the Rockies. My family is from Boston--I've got the Sox in my blood. But I've had my fill of the goddamn Nation. Congratulations on a great season, and congrats in advance for winning the Series. Now bugger off ya damn wankers.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, c'mon -- the Red Sox are at the very least interesing wankers. Aren't they?

JC Parsons said...

This matchup certainly underscores the difference between the two leagues. All kinds of crazy stuff can happen in the NL, whereas you can count on the old money in the AL.
From that point of view, I lean towards the rookies. Not happily...

M.C. O'Connor said...

WAAAALLLLL, I meant "bloody" wankers, anyway. Sure, me Mum's not a wanker. Nor me Uncle John and his bhoyos. So I reckon I was painting with a broad brush there. Actually, I'm OK with the BoTox. You want to beat the Yanks? BECOME THEM!

As far as old money goes, the AL had a lot of success with expansion teams like the Blue Jays, Angels, Twins all getting theirs. Lately, the NL has the FloMars and DirtBax, so I suppose it goes in cycles. (BTW SIR sez "NL" all the way!)

Unknown said...

Interesting to see Matt Herges throwing a few nice balls for the Rockies. It was also interesting, in the 1st runaway game, to see those rabid Red Sox fans (known for their devotion) leaving at the end of the 7th inning. What matters the score -- what kind of panache was that??!!