Saturday, July 12, 2008

Todos Somos Gigantes

In the city of Oaxaca, the baseball club is called the Guerreros. Their tickets are imprinted with the team motto:

EN OAXACA
TODOS SOMOS GUERREROS.

In Oaxaca, we are all Guerreros (warriors).

Don't you like that?

Yes, I'm back from my three-week holiday, which involved two weeks in México, one of those in Oaxaca de Juárez. I'll put together some posts on béisbol soon, with photos (I hope).

Meanwhile, I'm adopting the slogan:

We are all Giants.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brother Bob:
Great to have you back, MC.
I can't think of anything I really want to write about the Giants. I've tried a couple times and I just delete and start over. Maybe it's a good reality check. All you guys who actually know something about the game have been right all along- this season is a lost cause; it's all about putting something together for the future.
Z update- Horwitz down, Velez back up, another setback in Valdez's rehab.

JC Parsons said...

Welcome back to one hell of a loss. We needed a lot of help, but 5 runs in the ninth to tie was pretty cool.

Great art. I've been getting into that this month. Is that a scan of your real ticket? Neato.

Anonymous said...

We might as well just put it in English: "WE ALL SUCK!"