Thursday, August 21, 2008

Giants Find Ways to Win

The Giants' star closer Brian Wilson got his second win in 2 days as the team scratched out a come-from-behind win today at PhoneCo Park. With the score tied, Emmanuel Burriss completed his round trip of the bases in the bottom of the 9th without benefit of a hit when the Marlins' Kevin Gregg threw a wild pitch with the rookie infielder at third. He got there by virtue of a walk, a steal, and a fly ball.
Interim starter Matt Palmer made quantum-leap progress over his miserable 1st start by throwing 6 solid innings and giving up only 2 earned runs.
Incredibly, the lowly Giants have the best record in the NL in one-run games, at 24-12. (I think that's what they said. I need a fact checker.)

3 comments:

M.C. O'Connor said...

Ya gotta check yer own facts in this here BlogZoo, pal.

I'm happy for Palmer. Never hurts to have more arms. And it is nice to see Burriss work a walk and use his speed. I hope he can start to hit with some authority. Did you see where Lowry is going to pitch winter ball?

Brother Bob said...

I think I'll just make up my own facts from time to time and wait for people to call me on it.
MC, I got your booklet the other day. Thanks. What a hoot. We should try 50 word posts, or did we already do that?
The Great Man starts tomorrow.
Can't wait.

JC Parsons said...

Didn't you love the starting infield yesterday??? Every position filled by ROOKIES. (Yes, Palmer is 29 but he's a rookie!) I don't think I have even seen that.

Hey, Bonehead, they did pretty good, huh? Notice we have won three home series during the "youth movement"?
We have a chance at a winning month! Keep playing the babies!!!