Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Generous Tim

A couple of weeks ago I joked to my wife about how hard it was to come up with new ways to describe Tim's domination of the league. I will never do that again. I can't tell you how much I wish I had to write another one of those.

Tim Lincecum pretty much gave away tonight's game against the Nats. His second consecutive low quality start only lasted 4.2 innings but took 96 pitches (first game below 100 this year). The anemic Nats scored 6 runs with 6 hits, but the real killing blows came from the 5 walks, one HBP, and FOUR stolen bases. Tim's obvious weakness concerning holding runners has never been more evident than tonight and it doesn't figure to get any better soon.

The bottom line was that it was painful to listen to Tim pitch tonight. I don't think I've ever felt that way before.

BTW: My "Let Timmy Smoke" shirt is now 5-1. It may skip the next start; a huge matchup on the holiday.

4 comments:

M.C. O'Connor said...

Ubaldo Jimenez is 9-1. I think we need to take him down a peg or two.

Tim looked ragged--he was missing his spots and I have to give the Nats credit for being patient and taking pitches.

Their rookie sinkerballer made our weak hitters look even weaker, but you also have to credit their fielders. Ryan Zimmerman is a stud. He made some great plays. Giants 9th against Tyler Clippard: 1st pitch 1B by Uribe, 1st pitch DP (5-4-3) by Molina, then 3 fastballs to Rowand to get a pop-up. Yeesh.

M.C. O'Connor said...

The book on the Giants is "run like the wind." I expect to see every team try to steal bases until our batteries do a better job. Cain looked good on Saturday with his motion and pickoff throws, he seemed to be working on it. It doesn't take much, just some varied looks and some throws. It would help if we had a young, athletic catcher. Too bad our organization can't produce one, eh?

Brother Bob said...

Both Lincecum and Sandoval have temporarily misplaced their specialness. Therefore I have temporarily suspended my interest in baseball.

Anonymous said...

This team is weird. Most teams have a rough month and that month is often April. At first it looked like nothing could stop the O&B Train, then came May. I can't wait for June. School will be finished, will possibly see my friend (who I would have never made if it weren't for Madbum, much oblige), also in June last year, Timmeh had his 2 shutouts and Pablo discovered his power. Let's hope for the best to come from these guys again. Go Giants! Boo LAxatives!