Wednesday, June 22, 2011

MadBum gets no run support, loses again

The Giants offense continued to struggle, this time against Carl Pavano. Manny Burriss broke up the 0-31 RISP streak with a line drive up the middle in the 8th, scoring Miguel Tejada. Eli Whiteside broke up the shutout with a solo homer in the 7th.

Weird shit happens in baseball. That was some weird shit in the 1st inning last night. Grant Brisbee at McChronic gives a nice blow-by-blow breakdown for those of you who missed it. Strap on your punishment leathers before diving in. Watching it was mind-numbing: I had no emotional response. I just sat with my mouth hanging open, unable to feel. I suppose gobbling Xanax would have produced the same result, just with worse side effects.

Giants lose their fifth straight and fall out of first place.



Brother Bob said...

When you give up 8 runs in the first inning, getting no run support is sort of irrelevant.

M.C. O'Connor said...

I know, I was trying to find some humor in the whole affair.

And it remains a fact that the Giants offense is shite.